Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson Hospitalized

Celebrity gossip site TMZ is reporting that pop singer Michael Jackson has been rushed to an L.A.-area hospital. "[W]e're told it was cardiac arrest." The site also says they've have spoken with Jackson's father who says "he is not doing well."

You know, the other day I heard the Jackson 5's "I'll Be There" in some TV commercial. All I could think at the time was "Damn, that kid really could sing."

Here's to wishing him a safe and speedy recovery.

UPDATE: As I was leaving work, NPR was reporting Jackson in a coma. By the time I pulled into the driveway, they'd reported him dead. Most sources are reporting he passed away this afternoon, though, as I understand it, there's been no official word from the family, the hospital, or the police.

I hope he's found the peace that seemed to allude him in this world.

EDITED: I've always loved this video and song. Hard to believe it's over twenty years old.



Michael Jackson: Dirty Diana


[H/T to InfamousQBert]

No comments:

Post a Comment