Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Kind of Magic

Word on the street is Queen is looking to recruit A.I. runner-up Adam Lambert to front the band. If true*, I say woo hoo! Good for Lambert, good for Queen.

Brian May, of Queen, stated that he and drummer Roger Taylor are "definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him (Lambert) at one point." May went on to state, "I’d certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there."
Lambert responded tactfully:
"How do you say no to being in Queen? I mean, that's unbelievable. But at the same time, I do have my own thing to do right now, and that's my goal. So if I could, I would try to do both. That's the honest question. I would try to do both. I would love to perform with them anytime they wanted me to but I also have my record to do. So, we'll see."
While watching the finale, after Lambert rocked the house with "We Are the Champions" I said to myself "You know what would be cool? If Brain May leaned over and whispered in Adam's ear 'You're hired.'"

--------------------------

* I've had a wee bit of trouble verifying this. Most stories didn't name a source. I did find a site citing Entertainment Weekly. Entertainment Weekly's website cited Rolling Stone. A search of RS's website turned up nothing definitive. Maybe it's in the print edition.

[Cross-posted.]

No comments:

Post a Comment