Friday, June 27, 2008

Dear Mr. Maupin

In a recent piece for The Advocate you referred to Clinton and Obama as "pussies." Apparently you were none too thrilled with their statements on civil unions and the California Supreme Court's decision on same-sex marriage. Fine, be angry with them, that's all well and good. But do you need to resort to misogynist language when writing about it? You seem to think so, since you said "there's no other way to put this" when using the word. I disagree. Maybe next time, instead of calling someone a "pussy" try one of these less offensive choices:

cowards
chickens
wimps
pushovers
scaredy-cats

Or, if you want to be especially clever, you could go with:

Ichabods
Shaggys
Mr. Furleys
Bert Lahrs

Then there are these, just off the top of my head right now, that mean not exactly the same thing, but get the point across just the same:

douches
miscreants
fools
schmucks
assholes
trolls
goblins
turds
shitheads
wankers
jerks

And if you're feeling maybe betrayed at all, there is (again, just off the top of my head):

traitors
Quislings
Judases

I bet if I sat here for a little while I could come up with a couple dozen more. I bet you could too.

Your pal,

Deeky

(H/T to Shaker Juliemania)

No comments:

Post a Comment